Domain parking alternative releases major upgrade today.
I’ve been excited about WhyPark‘s Domain Apps since WhyPark founder Craig Rowe first started talking with me about them at Domainer Mardi Gras. He then gave me a sneak peak at TRAFFIC in Van…
The air seems to be leaking out of the domain development balloon as domain owners discover just how much work domain development is. It's not enough to develop a domain, you then have to maintain it. That means, at a minimum, keeping WordPress up to date and continuing to add new content. Multiply that times a large domain portfolio and you are asking the impossible. For that reason domain parking continues to offer the most bang for the buck for most domain portfolio owners.
In the next few weeks I will be updating the ParkQuick.com website with new reviews and up-to-date information on the state of parking in 2010. It's gotten a little stale. In the mean time, here's who continues do to well:
- Parked is arguably the best of the traditional parking companies. They run a tight ship and keep fraud at a minimum, which rewards honest domain owners. Income had held up there over the past few months.
- Sedo does a little of everything, and their one click pages still do great on a number of my domains.
- NameDrive is a close competitor and now offers many of the same services.
- DomainSponsor does a good job of automatically building a page based on what users are looking for. Sometimes it’s not what you think.
- WhyPark is the best of the quasi-development platforms right now. You can set-it-and-forget-it or you can tweak your domains and add custom content.
- I had high hopes for SmartName, but earnings have disappointed lately. Your mileage may vary.
Parking revenue got you down? Here are 5 alternatives to try.
Here are five alternatives to traditional pay-per-click domain parking.
RootOrange – RootOrange will lease your domain name on a local basis to multiple parties. In theory, this leasing …
You’ve seen their banner on a lot of popular blogs (including DomainingTips.com), you found out that they’ve purchased DomainState.com and are probably asking yourself: who are these guys, what are they putting on the table? Well, let’s find out:…
Company provides scalable solution to monetize long tail geo domains.
Connecting local businesses to customers is a huge business. But it has always presented a challenge to owners of long tail geo domain names, such as (City)DaySpa.com. A couple sca…