Trying to figure out how to add payee acct. info to all Premium Listings rather than just one at a time. Here’s what support said:
Thank you for contacting Online Support.
You would simply need to enable your Payee account, this account will be used for any payout for any of your Premium Listings. Unless you create Multiple Payee accounts then you would need to assign them as needed. If you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to reply to this email.
Which for me suggests I delete one of the Payees on my account.
Payment differs depending on the selling price of the Premium Listing.
- When a Premium Listing Sells for Less Than $1,000:
- We deduct a 10 percent commission from the sale price of a domain name.
- After the sale, we hold the funds for 20 days, beginning on the date the buyer paid for the domain name. This is called the Transaction Assurance period.
- We release the funds on the 21st day. It might take up to five business days to submit the funds to the PayPal or Good As Gold account you entered when listing the domain name.
- If more than 26 days has passed since you received notice of the buyer’s payment, you can contact email@example.com to see if the buyer filed a dispute for non-receipt of the domain name.
- When a Premium Listing Sells for $1,000 or More:
- We deduct a 10 percent commission (includes escrow) from the sale price of the domain name.
- We process Premium Listings through Escrow.com, an escrow service that deducts processing fees from your proceeds. The buyer submits funds to Escrow.com, which holds the funds in a non-interest bearing account, and then pays you by an Escrow.com check, ACH, or wire transfer.
- Escrow.com verifies the funds and notifies you. You initiate moving the domain name. When the buyer receives the domain name, the buyer notifies Escrow.com, and then Escrow.com releases the funds to you.
We deduct a 30 percent commission from the sale price of your Premium Listing.
When your Premium Listing sells, we hold the funds for five days to prevent fraud. After the holding period, how quickly you receive funds depends on the payment method you selected in the Domain Manager:
- Electronic (ACH) — Processed the same day and remitted within two business days, depending on your financial institution
- PayPal® — Processed the same day and remitted within one business day
- Good As Gold — Processed the same day and remitted within one business day
- Check— Processed weekly and mailed to you within 9 business daysNOTE: If you do not select a payment method, we will send you a check by default. Starting Jan. 1, 2013, we will deduct a $25 processing fee from check payments.
For more information about receiving payment for Premium Listings, see Getting Paid for Premium Listings
To Add Payee Accounts to Your Premium Listings
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch. The Domain Manager displays.
- From Buy/Sell, select Premium Listings. Your Premium Listings display.
- In the Account column, click Add payee account for the listing you want to update. (If necessary, scroll your Web page to the right to view this column.) The Edit Premium Listing window displays.
- To use an existing payee account, select it from the Payee account list.
- To create a new payee account, click Manage payee accounts, and then do the following:
- On the Payee Accounts page, click Add Payee.
- Complete the required fields, and then click Save Changes. For more information, see Entering Payee Tax Information.
- Return to the Domain Manager, and then select the new Payee account.
- Read the legal agreements that display, and then select I have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click OK. A confirmation message displays.
- Click OK.